Pages

Subscribe

Monday, September 13, 2010

Thinking about Relaxing my Hair again

I have been wearing my hair out -no protective styles - for the past few months. When I do this it is usually disastorous for retaining length.

It has been a few months since I thought about full out relaxing my hair. I have been enjoying my natural textured hair. Lately though, it has begun to look raggedy. My ends are totally shot. I probably need to cut at least 2-3 inches. That is how bad my splits are. Now, you can't really notice the splits if it is in its natural state which is why I guess the splits and knots have gotten that bad.

So here is what I was thinking last night...I think I might relax my hair and keep it braided down under a wig. I have done this before and retained a lot of growth. That way I could gain a few inches and not freak out about loosing a few inches due to splits. But then I thought, well maybe I shouldn't relax. Relaxing only weakens the hair. I thought maybe I should just keep going and do the same thing. Keep my hair braided under a wig and decide what to do later.

No comments:

Post a Comment